Saturday, July 4, 2009

Enter the Wally

It was a cold and rainy November night in 2004, that Wally entered our lives. We had gone to the local Wal-Mart Supercenter to do our weekly shopping. We had got out of the car and headed to the store when I thought I heard what I sounded like a cat. My first thought was that it can't be. I was so used to hearing my cats meow I thought I was imagining things. So we was half way to the store and I heard the meow again, this time louder and sounded very urgent. I turned to my husband and said " I think I hear a cat meowing. He said he heard it too at about that time a skinny pitieful looking black and white kitten ran right up to me. His sad little eyes pleaded with me. I picked him up and said "You poor little baby, who could have the heart to just dump you off like this." Well I turned to my husband and we both could not beleive how this could happen to the little guy. I told my husband to put him in the warm car, someone had also put a rubberband around his neck which I promptly removed. We agreed that our shopping would be really quick. We already had 3 cats at home. Princess a sweet older grey and white cat. Tigger a older longhair cat and Smokygirl a silver grey manx. At the time I wasn't sure if another cat in the home was going to be a good idea or not. We finished our shopping within 15 minutes. As soon as I opened the car door the little baby jumped in my lap with a loud meow and purr.
He melted my heart right then and there.

No comments: