Saturday, July 4, 2009

We took the little tuxedo kitten home. Feeling sorry for him, the first thing I did when we got home was to take him into the bathroom and inspect him. As I did so I seen something moving in his fur turned out he was covered in fleas, literally. Poor guy, I set out to get the water in sink warm then proceeded with the cat flea shampoo I had. I washed him for what seemed like a hour, but at last no more fleas. I dried him and cuddled him next to me. He purred the whole time, it seemed like he already knew he had a new home. My husband came in and said well what are we going to name him. I smiled and said "Wally, since we found him at Wal-mart." I gave him a saucer of warm catsmilk and some catfood. He ate and purred, then fell asleep in a catbed we had. The next day he seemed like he wasn't very perky. So my husband took him to his first Vet's visit. The doctor said he had a cold from being exposed to the weather and from mewing so much. He was given antibiotics and his first examination and shots. He blossomed into such a beautiful cat with what looked like a hershey's kiss planted on his nose. He is a wonderful addition to our home.

1 comment:

Confucius Cat said...

Awww. How sweet. What a kind heart you have. Wally is very lucky. I enjoyed visiting your blog. Purrs.