Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Spring and Grandma

Here it is the last day of February, leap year too! It feels a lot like spring here in Oklahoma, the daffodils are starting to bloom. I have always loved spring, it is one of my favorite seasons. All the trees and flowers that go dormant in the winter spring back to new life. It is truly a season to rejoice in; I have always loved to garden and plant flowers in the spring. I find myself going to the garden centers and browsing up and down the aisles of fragrant flowers, vegetables, and the newest of gardening supplies. I can truly spend hours at the gardening center, I start to think of the flowers, where they would fit into my flower beds. It brings back the happy memories of childhood, where I remember my mom and grandmother that also loved to garden. My grandmother had some of the most beatiful flowers I have ever seen. Flowers that I don't see anymore, she would order all kinds of flowers and vegetable seeds from all over the world. She took care when planting the seeds, making sure they got plenty of sunlight, water, and fertilizer. She really had a green thumb, as well as my mom did too, but grandma took risks in not worrying if they would grow in this climate or not. Her garden was one bloom after the other, and the vegetables had the sweetest of flavors, tastes I haven't tasted in along time. I miss my mom and grandma so very much, but the glory of it is that I know one day I will see them again in Heaven. Both of them loved the Lord very much, I can still remember my grandma preaching fire and brimstone, it now brings a smile to my face. I think that is why now as I grow older that I realize she did it to save me from that plight. As a child it scared me have to death, she once said that when the blimp was new transporation, before her grandma had never seen one, she said that thing flew over there home. It was huge she said, her grandma said it was the angel Gabriel coming to get them. Now, I realize though with all the aircraft we have in the air, something different might have me too thinking it was something out of this world. It will be a sweet rejoicing when we can all be together again. Thanks Grandma for all your wonderful stories.

No comments: